Now let us look at the covenants and blessings of Goshen. Goshen was in Egypt, and scripture tells us after the 7 years of plenty, there was famine in the entire world, including Egypt.
But in Egypt, was a habitation called Goshen, where the Israelites, God’s special children lived, and were completely immune from the famine and the calamities in Egypt. That will be your covenant here.
1. The best of the land – Gen. 47:6,11. God has reserved the best for His people. You are coming out of the situation. As long as you are on the Lord’s side, He will give us the best this year in Jesus name.
2. A place where forgiven people live – Gen. 45:5-9. Joseph can be likened to Jesus Christ who found it in His mercies to forgive us and bring us unto Himself – to make us royal priests, peculiar people and holy nations. Once you claim forgiveness by the blood of Jesus, you are destined for Goshen.
3. A place of nearness to our provider – For Joseph’s family, to be in Goshen (a place near to him) was to be in a place of provision and protection. The nearer we are to God, the more our chance of enjoying His provision, and protection – Gen 45:10-11. Make up your mind to draw near to God from this year on. The book ofJames 4:8 says, “Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.” He wants to provide for you, nourish you and protect you from unemployment, sickness, disease, failure, etc.
4. A place of immunity from lack, hunger and suffering (Gen. 47:27) – “Meanwhile, the people of Israel settled in the region of Goshen in Egypt. There they acquired property, and they were fruitful, and their population grew rapidly.” NLT
5. A place of distinction and immunity from plagues (Exodus 8:22) – “But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live; no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the LORD, am in this land.” Exo. 9:6
We have entered physically, but we need to be in the spirit of Goshen for our glory to shine, and rise higher and higher. As we enter spiritually, we will experience Supernatural Abundance in Jesus name.
God’s glory in your life will manifest. The ‘Joseph’ in you will manifest. Move from prison to the palace, by faith and by grace in Jesus name.
Continue to say by faith: “The glory is in me! I receive it! I’m walking in it!”
We will continue Part III next week, please stay with us.
I love you, and wish you Rising Glory for you in all ramifications.
Your vicar and friend,
The Revd. Canon Kiri Wakama